Friday, February 3, 2012

Videochat for adults. How I started to work in this field!

When I got out of college and someone proposed to me to do online marketing for a website from the videochat for adults field I was a bit reluctant. First thought that occurred through my head was what would my friends think, what would my family think about this. I gave it some thought and after some time of looking for a job I realised that this was a rare occasion. I have searched for some time, to work in the field I graduated and it was futile. Went to lots of interviews, gave all my best but I got the same answer. I am not experienced enough.
Then I talked to my parents about the offer and I had the surprise that my father welcomed the idea and my mother was the one that saw this with eyes not to bright. But they agreed after a long talk. I was expecting a reverse situation. I could’ve seen my father shouting and screaming and my mother comforting him and telling him to listen and to think outside of the box. This time they switched places. I was happy to see my father so understanding and him explaining to my mother that it is OK. That it is not like I am doing videochat for adults and that I would just promote a website. That it is no difference in promoting this type of website from an e-shop.
The talk with my parents wasn’t conclusive. Late in the night when my mother was sleeping my father came into my room and talked to me so kind that I don’t remember he ever did. He told me that at a certain time I should start walking on my own path and as much as he wish to keep me near him he is aware that he can’t. He explained me that the path I chose must not be chosen by those around me. I must not do it for those around me and that I must do it for me. During the night I couldn’t sleep. All I was thinking at was the kind words from my father. That was the moment I decided to accept the job offer. And since then I work in this field. I hope you all shall have someone who shall guide you on the path you must take as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment